cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

diffviewer widget is deleted in latest thingworx version. Any Alternatives?

twxadmin
8-Gravel

diffviewer widget is deleted in latest thingworx version. Any Alternatives?

diffviewer widget was very useful in gitbackup extension to see differences between different commits. Now it's not available. do we have any alternate approach/widgets to see diffs between commits ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi TWXadmin,

Referring to the gitbackup extension, as its (main) developer, I'm unclear why you report the diff widget is not available.

I'm running the extension in my 9.3.8 instance and I can see the widget in Mashup Builder  - also it works well in the GitBackup.Main.Mashup

As a reminder to others, even if in this situation we speak about a widget that is part of the extension and not meant for custom use, if you have any issues with the GitBackup extension, please report them here: https://github.com/PTCInc/thingworx-gitbackup-extension/issues as it's not a PTC Supported product.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:twxadmin)

I didn't know about the diffviewer widget on gitbackup .... 

I use API from diffchecker.com

created a mashup calling API with ContentLoaderFunctions.PostText , you can compare two text with colors ... it's great !

I use compare differencies on entities on different thingwors instances

Thank you @iguerra . Its interesting. I will give it a try. 

Hi TWXadmin,

Referring to the gitbackup extension, as its (main) developer, I'm unclear why you report the diff widget is not available.

I'm running the extension in my 9.3.8 instance and I can see the widget in Mashup Builder  - also it works well in the GitBackup.Main.Mashup

As a reminder to others, even if in this situation we speak about a widget that is part of the extension and not meant for custom use, if you have any issues with the GitBackup extension, please report them here: https://github.com/PTCInc/thingworx-gitbackup-extension/issues as it's not a PTC Supported product.

Thank you @VladimirRosu . I realized late that diffviewer was part of package of GitBackup extension. I imported diffviewer from your extension package and it works like charm now. 

Top Tags