cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how can we redirect from popup mashup to main mashup after selection in popup mashup.

Pratik_Aswale
9-Granite

how can we redirect from popup mashup to main mashup after selection in popup mashup.

Hi,

I have a main mashup which has some widgets. I added a button in main mashup which is for popup mashup. when I click on that button, a popup mashup is  getting populates. In popup mashup I have a dropdown widgets which I bind with the Things service like GetImplementingThings.

So now I want to know how  can we get back to main mashup from popup mashup after selection of thing from dropdown?

Thingworx version-9.3.9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

In Popup Mashup, create a mashup parameter to pass data from Popup to Main mashup. And bind dropdown selected text value to mashup parameter

Velkumar_0-1709785809679.png

In Main Mashup, map the popup mashup parameter to change the gauge value. In my case, I have mapped it to the Label

Velkumar_1-1709785963869.png

Output :

Velkumar_2-1709785994058.png

/VR

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

You can use "CloseIfPopup" trigger to close the popup when dropdown selection changed 

Velkumar_0-1709708736584.png

/VR

@Velkumar In my scenario-

I have a gauge widget in main mashup and a popup mashup button. after clicking on button, popup mashup getting generated. In this popup mashup having a dropdown widget which have a things data.

Now I want to change gauge widget data which is in main mashup after selection of  thing from dropdown and then want to redirect from popup to main mashup.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

In Popup Mashup, create a mashup parameter to pass data from Popup to Main mashup. And bind dropdown selected text value to mashup parameter

Velkumar_0-1709785809679.png

In Main Mashup, map the popup mashup parameter to change the gauge value. In my case, I have mapped it to the Label

Velkumar_1-1709785963869.png

Output :

Velkumar_2-1709785994058.png

/VR

Hello@Velkumar I m trying same as you but my data is not passing from popup mashup (from dropdown) to main mashup for gauge widget.

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

If possible could you please share mashup here

/VR

@Velkumar Actually, I missed the mashup load event to load data. Now its working fine.

But data is passed to main mashup which is  a dropdown selected thing (like Test1,Test2), how can we pass actual data  (Temp value)  of Test1 and Test2 thing to the specific widget in main mashup?

dropdown selected things- 1)Test1

2)Test2

Test1  & Test2 Thing property- Temp(has a value like 45)

Now I want to pass this Temp value to the main mashup which has a Led widget after selection of thing  from popup mashup dropdown widget (Test1,Test2).

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

In the popup, you can get the Thing Property value and return the temp value to Main Mashup 

or

In the Main mashup, use the thing name from the dropdown to get Thing Property values and bind it to the LED widget.

If things have the same thing template you can dynamically call ThingTemplate and pass Thing Name from dropdown to fetch property value. 

Velkumar_0-1709891002184.png

/VR

@Velkumar As you said I did in my main mashup same as you. but my usecase is for sending property data from popup to main mashup after selection of dropdown thing .

Pratik_A_0-1709891648388.png

Hi @Pratik_Aswale 

You can do the same thing in Popup. Instead of passing Dropdown value you can pass temp property value.

/VR 

Hello @Velkumar 

But I want both usecases like selection of thing in dropdown and according to this thing value,  selected thing property data(property value) will show in main mashup widget.

Thanks

Top Tags