cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

input parameters

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

input parameters

Approximately how many input parameters we can create for one service?

I have created 200 input parameters for service and passing inputs from 200 text box widgets. While triggering service it receive all 200 input parameters simultaneously (or) one by one.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi,

I don't think there's any limitation in terms of how many input parameters you can create. You can create as many as you want if necessary. If you run into any issues when creating further input parameters, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket.

>While triggering service it receive all 200 input parameters simultaneously (or) one by one.?

200 input parameters has to be passed every time when calling the service with 200 input parameters defined. If no data passed, it will use default value or undefined for the input parameters.

For passing values from text box to the service, at the time the text box's text is changed, the data is passed to the bound input parameter. If all the necessary text box value has entered, you can use a button click event to trigger the execution of the service.

If 200 inputs are really required for some reasons to achieve the business logic, it might be more manageable if you pass in infotable data and retrieve row data from the infotable, in turn retrieve field data for processing.

Best,

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

I don't think there's any limitation in terms of how many input parameters you can create. You can create as many as you want if necessary. If you run into any issues when creating further input parameters, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket.

>While triggering service it receive all 200 input parameters simultaneously (or) one by one.?

200 input parameters has to be passed every time when calling the service with 200 input parameters defined. If no data passed, it will use default value or undefined for the input parameters.

For passing values from text box to the service, at the time the text box's text is changed, the data is passed to the bound input parameter. If all the necessary text box value has entered, you can use a button click event to trigger the execution of the service.

If 200 inputs are really required for some reasons to achieve the business logic, it might be more manageable if you pass in infotable data and retrieve row data from the infotable, in turn retrieve field data for processing.

Best,

Tony

I have 200 textboxes in a mashup. If the user changed any values, at the time the text box's changed event triggered and values passed from text box to the service and returns a Boolean value.
While changing some text box values, for particular number of times service returns the output Boolean value correctly. After few execution, the service is throwing errors. What will be the reason ?

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

What error exactly is throwing?

How you implemented that service? Could you please provide entities and replication steps?

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Hi @AP_9587236,

Is this issue still occurring? If so, could you please provide more details of the error for further support?

If not, could you please also update the status here?

Many thanks,

Tony

Top Tags