cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

when migrating thingworx from on prem to azure cloud show we change the database name of sql or not

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

when migrating thingworx from on prem to azure cloud show we change the database name of sql or not

Hi,

we are migrating thingworx from on prem to azure, thing Worx installed with mssql server database. I am installing mssqlserver database in azure vm,
now I have the doubt of while creating sql server instance and database name, do I need to give the same sqlserver instance and database name exactly like on-prem? If we give same names, then is there any impact?

Thanks

KSM

2 REPLIES 2
yalmatar
7-Bedrock
(To:KSM)

Hi @KSM ,

you can give them different names, this will be ok, using the same names can simplify the migration process and minimize the impacts. 

regards

Yasin 

Hello @KSM,

You have a reply on your topic. If the reply helped you solve your question please mark it as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags