cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

The best way of pulling data from flex plm to ThingWorx

Rayon_11
10-Marble

The best way of pulling data from flex plm to ThingWorx

Hi all,

I want to fetch data from flex plm to my Thingworx and then after fetching the data I want to make them in a report format like I want to apply analytics on those data's (and the data here is huge) for an example I have many rows and columns of data(that is in json format)  and I want to fetch it then in mashup I want to show them in a format like I want to some filter criteria on those data and also percentage criteria like how many number of data are active or in active like that 

so for that what should my approach like fetching all the data from flex then storing it in thingworx database and then apllied different analytics on it or directly fetching it and showing it to the mashup but in this case how  can we apply analytics on the data?

Thanks and Regards,

Rayon

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Rayon_11)

Hi @Rayon_11.

First of all, what is your use case?  It may not even be necessary to store the data in ThingWorx. You mentioned presenting the data in a report format. You wouldn't need ThingWorx for this.  And you also mentioned the data was coming from Flex PLM but later indicated it was in a json format.  Are you exporting the data to json?  I don't support Flex PLM but I assume you could pull directly from the Flex PLM product without the need to export it.

If you decide to go that route, how much data are you actually referring to?  You will need to consider your design in regard to performance if you expect a number of users to be running the mashup at the same time.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags