cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Experience loading when transitioning from one step to another

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Experience loading when transitioning from one step to another

Hello Everyone,

Good Afternoon,

The Vuforia Expert Capture experience is showing loading sign when moving from one step to another when consumed on Vuforia Vantage app on iPad.

Can anyone help me out why is this happening?

Thanks &  Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Aditya.

Can you provide a screenshot  of this "loading sign"? Is this also showing up, when you are executing a procedure you have downloaded to the device before?

Best Regards,

Peter Jahn

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjahn)

Hi,

After downloading the experience the loading sign is just for fraction of seconds but when I preview

the experience from the library the loading sign is for a longer duration.

Note:

Start of the video section shows experience that is from library & the succeeding video shows experience from downloaded section of VEC

PFA video file for the same.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:Aditya1702)

Hello Everyone,

Good Afternoon,

Can anyone help me why in the above scenario loading sign is been shown even after the internet speed being

decent (18.6 Mbps uploading & 68.8 Mbps downloading)

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Loading content (videos and images) via https takes a short time, even under the best infrastructure conditions. I think the time it takes to load the content that you can see in the first section of your video is absolutely reasonable. It always seems to me to be less than a second. The fact that content that has already been downloaded (i.e. stored on the device) is displayed more quickly (second section of the video) is in the nature of things. No transmission path from the data center (cloud) via the network infrastructure to the tablet is necessary here.

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn ,

Thanks for your response. 

So is there any work around?

There is no workaround. Because there is actually no error. The user is informed by the display of the spinner that data (image, video) is being loaded, i.e. transferred from the source (PTC Atlas Cloud) to the client (tablet/smartphone). And this takes a few moments, i.e. as you describe it, a few fractions of a second. So it's quite normal behavior, not only in the Vantage app.

Top Tags