cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Arrows from Illustrate didn't show up in Viforia Studio

IB_10645210
12-Amethyst

Arrows from Illustrate didn't show up in Viforia Studio

Hello PTC community,

Please advise how I can solve the issue; I animated 3d arrows in Creo Illustrate but they did not show up in Vuforia Studio. Can I still make the show up somehow? Arrows go all over the 3d model to point users to little parts so I wish I can keep them. If you know a simple solution to point user to little  hidden parts please advise. 

IB_10645210_0-1692885006011.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Currently arrows do not transfer (in the past I used models added to the bom structure - see attached arrow ).

Another approach is to use Waypoints 

sgreywilson_0-1692910459508.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Currently arrows do not transfer (in the past I used models added to the bom structure - see attached arrow ).

Another approach is to use Waypoints 

sgreywilson_0-1692910459508.png

@sgreywilson Thank you so much for the solution. I have started to learn the Wayfinder widget. Could you please share this project so I can learn?

This video should help https://www.brainshark.com/ptc/vu?pi=zJ5zicwUVzBRxnz0  

I don't have a simple project - The one in the video has that  Pager panel which is a little complex and probably not a good example - I developed the pager for HoloLens and just copied it into this to explore Waypoints. 

This extension might help https://github.com/stevegw/COEWayfinderPoints

Let me know

It helps a lot. Thank you!

Only models in the sBOM (service structure) are transferred to Vuforia. For this reason I have duplicated the standard OL files to insert them into the service structure. Attached, you'll find these files. Note that many files have been duplicated so that they can be imported multiple times for different sequence steps.

Hope that helps

CheerEO

Marco

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)
Top Tags