cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I locked published data ?

T.Nakamura
8-Gravel

Can I locked published data ?

Hello Dear Community,

Publishing experiences with the same project ID from multiple Studio terminals can result in overwriting the published data.

I'm having a lot of trouble. Is there a way to control access permissions or lock published data?

4 REPLIES 4

Take a look here:

Hi! @VladimirN  Thank you for your help.

I understand above article. I think.

But now I'm in trouble overwritten the important experience by some developer in internal.

This may be a request, but could you please check the attached document?

Hi @T.Nakamura ,

there are some active  Developer  proejcst of MultiTenant usage but they are still in the pipeline of dev team where we do not have an official deadline when this will be implented. But I checked you powerpoint to see the requiremetns. 

So far I see you need that all mentioned dev group should be able to access to content but for specific project they requires different permission - so this is currently not part of the functionality.

What you can do 

• remove the users of the one group from admin or developer so that users from B will not be able to publish in generally
  • use different on Premisses Experience Services . So that the one users group will be able to publish to serer A and the another to Experience Server B
  • nobody will have permission to publish an project ( the developer  A and B are not members of developer or admin) . So you can use then your own script. In this case  the user have to export the project to zip and then use  own script which will checkt the permissions (implemented by customer IT in any languages) and then when the script  confirms the permission then will use a rest API call to publish the preojct to the correct server with Admin or Developer goup permission - so the app should call something like this below accordign Publish Projects from Outside of Vuforia Studio:
    curl -u <userId>:<password> -F ThingXExperience=@<myabcapp.zip> -H "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest" https://localhost:2019/ExperienceService/content/projects/

respecitively you can see also the curl for delete Delete Projects from Outside of Vuforia Studio

So this what I belive that will work but possibly someone else in the communtiy have another better suggestion, thanks

HI, @RolandRaytchev ,

Thank you for further information.

I am interested in setting up the approval process. I'll check the article. Thank you!

Exactly, I understand that we can prevent overwriting by adding more servers.
For example, test and production servers.

But that can't happen right away because of cost for us.

The only thing I can think of write a script that uses an external command to check the data on the ES server to see if it can be published or not, and then publishes it.

I would be happy if there is a better way.

Top Tags