cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Displaying website within vuforia studio

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Displaying website within vuforia studio

Hi all,

I want to display website within the vuforia studio experience. Also, I should be able to close the website & continue viewing the AR experience. Can anyone please help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Aditya1702,

I'm afraid I can't help you with that. That depends heavily on your backend architecture.
Your website administrator may be able to help you with this.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Aditya1702 ,

You can display a website using the Hyperlink widget and entering the URL as shown below:

MK_10166888_0-1653307100707.png

Once you close the website(tab on back button), you will be back to the AR experience and you won't need to scan again

I am not sure if one could have a website open and AR exp going on simultaneously on Mobile/Tablets. If its the HoloLens then it can be achieved.

I hope this helps you

Hi @Mohit_Kabra27 ,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply,

It would be nice if you could let me know whether we can have AR experience and website going on simultaneously on Mobile/Tablets and can we have the website displayed in a small popup/window within the AR experience.

Also, I want to open the website on the click event of image widget in vuforia studio, how should I go about this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Hi @Aditya1702 ,

To open a website using click event of image widget, you can use the below code and call the function on click event as shown below:

$scope.webpg = function(){
window.location='https://www.google.com';
}

MK_10166888_0-1653308354861.png

I hope this will help you

Regarding, to have both simultaneously, as far as i know it is not possible 

BR,

Mohit Kabra

Hi  @Mohit_Kabra27 ,

I had tried the above method mentioned by you but the problem I faced was after the website/url is opened & when I go back it asks me to relocate the Lab area as I'm using area target. So, is there any method to open the website in a small window inside the AR experience? so that after viewing the website one can close the website window present inside the AR experience.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Hi Aditya,

there is a hacky way to add an iframe to a vuforia studio experience:

Add a 2D Label to your view.

Add the following code in your views javascript:

var iframeLabel = document.querySelector("[widget-id='label-1']");
iframeLabel.innerHTML = `<iframe src="https://example.com/" style="width: 100%; height: 100%"></iframe>`;

Replace "label-1" in the first line with the id of your 2d Label.

Replace "https://example.com/" with your websites url.

To hide the iframe you can simply remove the labels content:

iframeLabel.innerHTML = '';

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:KS_9982057)

Hi @KS_9982057 ,

As suggested I tried the above method but it still didn't work, I may be doing it wrong way so below are the screenshots do guide me if I've done it in the wrong way.

Screenshot (118).pngScreenshot (119).png

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Hi @Aditya1702,

your website responds with a x-frame-option header, which is set to "sameorigin".

This disallows the embedding on a different domain. (See more on https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options)

The easiest solution would be to remove the header from the servers response.

KS_9982057_0-1653459962927.png

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Hi @KS_9982057 ,

I am not familiar with x-frame-options so can you please let me know how to remove header from the servers response & will it affect our network?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Hi @Aditya1702,

I'm afraid I can't help you with that. That depends heavily on your backend architecture.
Your website administrator may be able to help you with this.

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Hi @KS_9982057 ,

Thanks a lot for your quick response, also I had a doubt, if we use window.location to open the url in a new window can we resize that window?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

GianVal
15-Moonstone
(To:Aditya1702)

Did you find the correct solution?

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:GianVal)

Hi @GianVal ,

No, I haven't find the correct solution yet.

Thanks & Best Regards

Aditya Gupta

Top Tags