cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Enhancement Request - tracking of ThingMark and Model Target for moving objects on Hololens 2

JH_10275801
5-Regular Member

Enhancement Request - tracking of ThingMark and Model Target for moving objects on Hololens 2

Hello there,

If an object is in motion, the tracking and positioning effect of ThingMark and Model Target is not very good on Hololens 2. For example, in some cases, we may move a tool around and view it from different angles, but when moving, we often feel that the tracking and positioning are not very good. Can you consider strengthening the tracking of ThingMark and Model Target for moving objects?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JH_10275801 ,

thanks for reporting this issue. I have a question: when you say moving object - how is the moving done. Is it by:

- sequence - Figures step will move the component.

- is the movement by setting the modelItems x,y,z ,rx,ry,rz properties

- is the movement by setting the ModelWidget  x,y,z ,rx,ry,rz properties. are there one or more modelwidgets

- then when issue occurs is the thingmark respectively the modelTarget visible in device /direct tracking or not visible extended tracking.

I think we can report this issue to product management but  we need first to reproduce the problem , possibly different use cases for Tracking of thingmark and model Target.

Is it possible to provide for the both cases a recorded video. You can  simple upload it on this topic. BR Thanks

JH_10275801
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thank you for your response.

"The moving object" refers to the movement of physical objects in the real world. Please refer to the following video (modelTarget). When the tool is being moved by hand, the tracking does not always keep up.

As for the thingmark, after reviewing the recorded video, I found that most of the unsuccessful tracking occurred when the Hololens camera did not capture the thingmark. This may be because the tool was too close to the body at the time, and the Hololens camera angle could not capture it.

Top Tags