cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Howden Diaphragm Compressor DEMO

PeterS.
6-Contributor

Howden Diaphragm Compressor DEMO

Dear PTC community.

I would like to ask you about the Howden Diaphragm Compressor demo, which can be found in the DEMO CATALOG on the PTC.

We would like to show this demo and the possibilities of the software to one of our customers, but we do not possess the miniature model of the Howden Diaphragm Compressor.
The question is, is it somehow possible to obtain such a model from PTC?
Are there available any digital data, so we can perhaps recreate it, 3D print it?
We know that the 3D CAD files can't be shared, but maybe some data exchange form like STEP can be possible to send.

Thank you for your time, cooperation and fast reply.

Many thanks.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhawa
8-Gravel
(To:PeterS.)

Hi Peter.

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to provide you with the CAD or STEP file of the compressor. 

There are exclusive 3D printing partners of those 3D Models that are able to provide you with the printed Model. This is currently the only way to get such a demo asset. Usually we are using the 7'' printed model. In our CXC we are using a larger version.

The current Printing Partner is Cadmore.(www.cadmore.com). On their webpage you can see how the current version is looking like: Unlike the old version, the colors are now infused in the material while printing. The production will be request-base and will take 3-5 business days. The price for 7” models is $650 USD. If you are interested in purchasing one or multiple models, please let them know by emailing info@cadmore.com with the quantity, shipping address, and required delivery date.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try to contact - "Speak with an Augmented Reality Expert": https://www.ptc.com/en/technologies/augmented-reality/contact-us

PeterS.
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Hello Vladimir.

I'll try and we'll see if it works.

Thank you.

rhawa
8-Gravel

Hi Peter.

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to provide you with the CAD or STEP file of the compressor. 

There are exclusive 3D printing partners of those 3D Models that are able to provide you with the printed Model. This is currently the only way to get such a demo asset. Usually we are using the 7'' printed model. In our CXC we are using a larger version.

The current Printing Partner is Cadmore.(www.cadmore.com). On their webpage you can see how the current version is looking like: Unlike the old version, the colors are now infused in the material while printing. The production will be request-base and will take 3-5 business days. The price for 7” models is $650 USD. If you are interested in purchasing one or multiple models, please let them know by emailing info@cadmore.com with the quantity, shipping address, and required delivery date.

aletenti
8-Gravel
(To:rhawa)

Hello, is it possible to have the .zip Vuforia Studio projects (mobile & Hololens) of these demos?

rhawa
8-Gravel
(To:aletenti)

Hi.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to share the Vuforia Studio Project as this would contain the 3D Data of the Howden Compressor. 

However, as a PTC Partner you should have access to the QR Code of the AR Experience to run the Demo.

Let me know if you need to understand a specific topic of the Demo.

Best regards

Rayed

aletenti
8-Gravel

Hi rhawa, yes we have the QR codes.

In particular, I'm interested to understand how I can manage the fade effect of a 3D Panel (link to recent opened topic here).

Do you have any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance

rhawa
8-Gravel

Hi.
So I assume you refer to the HoloLens 2 version. From what I can recall, that version still had customized 3D Panels - so not the default 3D Panels that bring all the additional features with them. I try to find a team member who worked on that experience to find out, which approach has been used. 

Thanks.

rabernathy
6-Contributor

Also, there is a completely virtual version of the 3' compressor.  It's the same experience, you just use different thingmarks to launch the different configurations.  Partners should be able to get the different Thingmarks from the demo page.

Could you please share the link of Demo page? Thanks 😊

rhawa
8-Gravel

As a Partner you should have access to the TDD Demo Catalog. There you will find the Content for the Demo:

https://extranet.ptc.com/sites/TDD/Shared%20Documents/Howden%20Compressor%20HL2%20LDK%20v.1

(and the other question regarding Panel fade was answered in the thread of the other posting)

Top Tags