cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

IGS file converted to GLB file in Vuforia MTG

JL_9760395
5-Regular Member

IGS file converted to GLB file in Vuforia MTG

Hi guys,

My customer is using Vuforia MTG to train their models (a steering wheel). The MTG will generate .unitypackage and .dat file for later use in Unity3D. They also need GLB file as well for Unity3D (as the whole steering wheel is hard to be scanned by the drivers, so GLB file is needed as a basic model for better use). They found that during the MTG training, MTG can generate .glb file as artifact in a folder (somewhere like ...\.publish), which could be very useful for them to convert .igs file (which they upload to MTG) to .glb.

The problem is, they are using Offline MTG in production environment, and such artifacts cannot be found anymore. So does anyone know if we can call this function separately, or we can use some other workaround method.

I checked on Internet that there may be some 3rd party's software can do converting thing, but whether they are not freeware, nor are they in safety/compliance concerns for customer.

so anyone have any idea about this?

Best Regards,

Jimmy

1 REPLY 1

Hi @JL_9760395 ,

I checked the installation of the offline model target generator and  could not find any options / tools  to convert the pvz format to glb or glTF (glb is the binary version of the glTF so far I know)

Looking also into web doc : https://library.vuforia.com/model-targets/offline-model-target-generator  

Chapter output files - seems that it does contain any options to create the glb file as output. in the bin subfolder are some convert tools the most are to pvs/ pvz format but one is converting pvz to thumb ... means some format , possibly glb - no idea , did not find any details yet.   you can test pvshumb -h but as the name says it is pvs so need to extract the pvs from the pvz first I think. Also pvsoptimize -h could be checked - what of options for output it provides.

Other side when we use the standard online MTG in this case when e create and export MT - in this case we can find in the output folder .publish folder where is a version of the pvz in glb format. So seems that the online MTG contains such tool to convert but I do not know if we can use it separately as tool.

Top Tags