cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Please tell me how to measure the straight line distance from the model.

zZzzZ
4-Participant

Please tell me how to measure the straight line distance from the model.

I want to put a dot in the center of the camera and measure the linear distance from the model from that point, what should I do? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @zZzzZ ,

currently we do not have in Vuforia Studio direct functionality for that. So far I know the development team consider to implement the userpick (means when you pick on part) so that user could received the coordinate of this point (regarding to the root coordinate of the the project view. But this functionality  is not implmented yet.

What we can do currently - is to use the tracking event and received the current eye vector and device positon point and to calculated the distance to the root coordinate system. Then we have use the metadata to receive the bounding box infomation /coordinate of different components and so try to calculate the distance from device postion  to a model component (approximatey). So means to the the distance between device location  and root coordinate system we can add/substr the relative distance of the component to the root coordinate syste. 

A posts which handle similar issue is that posts:

there are also sample projects attached e.g. testEye-Custom-HoloL.zip,   estEye-Custom%20(1).zip , eyeDir-ItemDistance.zip

possibly this could be helpful also in your case. Solution is possibly one via JavaScript coding

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @zZzzZ ,

currently we do not have in Vuforia Studio direct functionality for that. So far I know the development team consider to implement the userpick (means when you pick on part) so that user could received the coordinate of this point (regarding to the root coordinate of the the project view. But this functionality  is not implmented yet.

What we can do currently - is to use the tracking event and received the current eye vector and device positon point and to calculated the distance to the root coordinate system. Then we have use the metadata to receive the bounding box infomation /coordinate of different components and so try to calculate the distance from device postion  to a model component (approximatey). So means to the the distance between device location  and root coordinate system we can add/substr the relative distance of the component to the root coordinate syste. 

A posts which handle similar issue is that posts:

there are also sample projects attached e.g. testEye-Custom-HoloL.zip,   estEye-Custom%20(1).zip , eyeDir-ItemDistance.zip

possibly this could be helpful also in your case. Solution is possibly one via JavaScript coding

Top Tags