cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Vuforia View on PC with Android simulator?

TG_10622756
5-Regular Member

Vuforia View on PC with Android simulator?

Trying to get Vuforia View to run on a PC...has anyone tried installing an Android simulator on your PC to run Vuforia View?  I assume you will have camera issues since you need to use a camera to place your Experience?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @TG_10622756 , what is the goal for such usage.

So far I know the last supported Vuforia View app for windows platform what we can download from the PTC support side is https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=VFS

we can see that the last windows release was the 9.13 release. currently we have the 9.19. So possibly that this is not more supported as platform for Vuforia view . Possibly mostly because there are  a lot of issue with device and sensor supports

If you want to use an Anroid version of  Vuforia App to call on such simulator - so something what is provide in android studio. so I think that the sensor and devices like camera only emulated so that when this is working it will have a low performance . So that when this work it  could be ok only for some test but not for real work as platform

Or did you meant any others tools / I meant here the Android Studio.  for this emulator you will also need a dev version of View app what could not be received outside PTC R&D

Or did you meant another Android simulator tool. Could then point e.g. web. link and provide more detail about the goal of you application. Thanks

Top Tags