cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Who is interested in Vuforia Studio - and passthrough VR headsets (e.g, Quest 3 or Vision Pro)?

PhilLindberg
6-Contributor

Who is interested in Vuforia Studio - and passthrough VR headsets (e.g, Quest 3 or Vision Pro)?

Yes, I've seen the announcements - in this community and elsewhere - that the PTC Vuforia environment is not yet supporting VR devices that include passthrough capability, such as the Meta Quest 3 or the upcoming Apple Vision Pro. Such devices can - theoretically - do nearly all of what traditional AR headsets, such as the HoloLens, can do in the settings that we're implementing with Vuforia Studio and the Vuforia Experience Service.

My site is experimenting with the Quest 3 now - and there's lots of interest in what the Vision Pro will have to offer. I'd like to encourage PTC to put some effort into these devices - and to let us know if they hold promise for inclusion in the Vuforia list of supported devices.

But it'd help to have other voices to add to the chorus.

Are you hoping to use a passthrough VR device in your Vuforia work? What kinds of tasks do you hope to take on? What else can we do to help bring new end-user devices to the Vuforia world?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas!

1 REPLY 1

Hi @PhilLindberg ,

thanks for sharing your requirements to the AR community. I think the Vuforia PM and R&D are reviewed regularly the community topics but to ensure that your topic will reach the PTC  Vuforia Team I will report this topic internally to PM and R&D  and will inform  here later when there is a feedback from PM or  possibly  somebody form Vuforia team will post here further details

Top Tags