cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

shadow areas appear grey

rheinz
11-Garnet

shadow areas appear grey

As per this topic:

Hi Tara, As far as I understand the issue - it's born in the Light scenes, where shadow areas appear grey.

We facing the same issue in Creo Illustrate - and looking for a light scene that I can adjust the lights are best for the used figure.

But just switching from headlight to 1,2 or 3 light - making not the bis diffrence.

I would be more convinced if the light scene can really adjusted by placint the light.

Do you also consider this way?

But this article belonging not to creo Illustrate - I will create an Idea to get this adressed at the right topic.

Regards

Robert

E.g. even that the left figure is not identical - the grey colored fridge frame is white, but appear due to light sceene grey. The right figure showing the expected result we want to achieve.

rheinz_0-1695814185166.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @rheinz ,

you mentioned that issue is also  occurring in Creo Illustrate. But where is the issue  more relevant ? In Vuforia Studio ? If yes in which mode - on mobile, eyewear device ? or in Preview mode (preview mode is as the name say preview and there is most relevant is the appearance on mobile device.

Regarding of  the light display I am not sure if the standard render will support many lights. So far I  remember it use only one static light + ambient , but need to check it more detailed. Possibly you can define an render where you can use many lights  (vector parallel ray light vector  or as point lights)

@rheinz ,

further I tested with  an old test project  with shader and see that we can handle the light  - change the display behavior via custom shader. Therefore I believe that the standard render behavior allows only a ambient light and possibly has one direction ray.

Here is  an example with customized  render - here the second tmlText-2 widget implements the shader :

2023-09-27_18-23-30.jpg

additionally  to the ambient light we have here also a point light definition and also a light intensity. When we need more light sources we could  implement this to the shader. In the tmlText:

2023-09-27_18-37-21.jpg

so we need to scale the code maked in red

I attached the demo project

Top Tags