cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

voice commands stopped working

nqwifly
11-Garnet

voice commands stopped working

I have a project on HoloLens, I've been working on since a while. All of sudden the voice command won't work! When I tried to say "help" Vuforia view would list all the commands available, but I cannot access one.

The commands also have a response which I expect to hear whenever my voice recognised, but it didn't.

The commands linked with gestures, which work.

I tried an old project, voice command work as expected. But the current project I have no idea what the problem is!

Any clue what the problem could be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the reply. Found out the problem coming from the delay that Vuforia view takes to load the sequence. I was trying to say "Next" many times waiting for the sequence to start, then I use the gesture which by that time is activated because the sequence is ready to start.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:nqwifly)

hi @nqwifly 

Which commands are you having issues with? Are they they 'Hey View...' commands? What version of View are you currently using? 

user-defined command. Command I've created myself. It used to be working, but all of sudden it stopped response to any commands.

Gesture works fine, but "next" command won't do anything.

voice-command-issue.JPG

Vuforia View version is 84.2.224.0

Other projects work fine. I face this issue only with current project, I don't know what cause the problem!

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:nqwifly)

When you swipe right, the JS code you have bound to that gesture executes as expected, but when you say 'next' nothing happens? 

What version of Studio was the project published on? If you update the command to something other than 'Next' and re-publish, does it work? Please provide your View log files for review. Below are the steps to find the log:

• Open a web browser
  • Navigate to device portal by entering the IP address of HoloLens
  • Select File Explorer > Camera Roll from left side menu
  • Download latest log file
    • Vuforia View must be closed to download log file

Thank you for the reply. Found out the problem coming from the delay that Vuforia view takes to load the sequence. I was trying to say "Next" many times waiting for the sequence to start, then I use the gesture which by that time is activated because the sequence is ready to start.

Top Tags