cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dynamically assigning Watermarks to (PDF) Drawings in Windchill

SM_9972932
2-Guest

Dynamically assigning Watermarks to (PDF) Drawings in Windchill

Hi there, 

I am currently trying to perform watermarking in Windchill, using Adobe experience manager. I am currently able to watermark PDF's when creating a new representation using the Visualization Configuration Administration, by uploading a DDX Template that defined the watermark. I have a few issues.

These templates are uploaded at the context level, and watermark every document within the context they are uploaded to. I would like to only watermark certain type of documents, and be able to select from a set of watermarks based on attribution/or workflow values in Windchill. This solution only allows me to upload a single DDX template and uses that watermark for all documents. 

In summary, we have 3 different watermarks, and want to dynamically choose which watermark will be applied. It would be done automatically, or through user input. 

Is there a way to dynamically assign watermarks to PDF's in my scenario? If there is a way to do this in configuration, custom java classes, or someone has done something similar and could point me to some documentation that we be greatly appreciated.

Using Adobe Experience Manager Forms 6.5.0 and Windchill PDMLink 12.0.2.7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SM_9972932 

Are you familiar with pdfbox?

I use it to automatically create watermarks on pdf files which are created from a publishing job.

No Adobe Experience Manager required. 😁

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@SM_9972932 

Are you familiar with pdfbox?

I use it to automatically create watermarks on pdf files which are created from a publishing job.

No Adobe Experience Manager required. 😁

Top Tags