cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Sync Affected objects in CN while using Redline.

AP_10483126
10-Marble

Sync Affected objects in CN while using Redline.

1. When i create a CN1(Full Track) with Part XYZ(BOM top Level) with revision A.2 in released state  as affected object only and do submit later.
  2. Create a Redline 1 for the Part XYZ and then move the CN1 to Pending Implementation state.
  3. Then i create a CN2(Fast Track) for the same Part XYZ with revision A.2 in released state as affected objects and do submit later.
  4. Create a Redline 2 for Part XYZ and then do a revise in implementation plan and the Redline 2 is successfully incorporated into  Part XYZ B.1
  5. Now when i cone back to the CN1 which is in pending implementation state. The affected object shows Part XYZ in A.2 version and does not get refreshed to Part XYZ B.1 Released version.

What needs to be done so that the Affected objects are refreshed automatically.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AP_10483126 

Windchill does not update the revision in the affected object automatically, only iterations are.

You need to do so manually   

There is an Idea to implement button or function that allow users to update the outofdate object to the latest revision 

Affected objects auto-update

PS> sure you can achieve your needs by customization.

PetrH

The resulting object revisions that are released by a change notice will become the affected object revision on other open change notices that have the same affected objects. In addition, BOM changes that are released by the change notice are synchronized with other open redlines that are planning concurrent changes. The Object Release States mapping rule must be defined to trigger this synchronization.

Found this above solution and it worked once set. 

@AP_10483126 

What solution have you found? 

PettrH

The resulting object revisions that are released by a change notice will become the affected object revision on other open change notices that have the same affected objects. In addition, BOM changes that are released by the change notice are synchronized with other open redlines that are planning concurrent changes. The Object Release States mapping rule must be defined to trigger this synchronization.

Hi @AP_10483126 

Thank you to confirm my thoughts that the redline definition has to exist. 

PetrH

Top Tags