cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Through API I wanted to checkot the Cad Assembly from the WOrkspace and Checkin from the solidworks

RR_11032239
3-Visitor

Through API I wanted to checkot the Cad Assembly from the WOrkspace and Checkin from the solidworks

Through java i collected all the cad assemblies from the BOM in  windchill  and i added the Cad Assembly into the workspace, I wanted to checkout those Cad assembly from the workspace and do checkin from the solid works.

I tried the below code to checkout but it is checkout from the windchill side not from the workspace

//Get check out folder for the current user in the session

wt.folder.Folder checkoutFolder = wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.getCheckoutFolder();

//Check out object
wt.vc.wip.CheckoutLink chklink = wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkout(cad, checkoutFolder, "Check out comment");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RR_11032239 

Soo resolve the error.

The error points you where your code has an issue. 

So in your case you use some function that expects WTKeyedHashSet but you provide WTValuedMap 

So you need to find the row in your code and correct it.

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi RR_11032239

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra

I created one action in the windchill UI, if we click on that action it will collect all the cad Assemblies which is associated to WTPart from the structure and the collected cad assemblies  will be added to the workspace, from that workspace I wanted to checkout and  checkin the cad assemblies from the workspace.i am able to do checkout but checkin is not happening, its throwing error.

RR_11032239_0-1714390730206.png

This is code that i written for the checkout and checkin.

private void checkoutAndCheckin(EPMDocument copy) throws WTException {
System.out.println("We are inside the Checkout and checkin method");

try {
wt.fc.ReferenceFactory referencefactory = new wt.fc.ReferenceFactory();
wt.fc.WTReference wtreference = referencefactory.getReference(copy);
wt.epm.EPMDocument epm = (wt.epm.EPMDocument) wtreference.getObject();
wtreference = referencefactory.getReference("OR:wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace:1150900");
wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace workspace = (wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace) wtreference.getObject();

// Get the EPMDocuments in the workspace
wt.fc.collections.WTSet hvm = wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspaceHelper.manager.getObjectsInWorkspace(workspace, wt.epm.EPMDocument.class);

// Check out each EPMDocument
for (java.util.Iterator<?> iterator = hvm.persistableIterator(); iterator.hasNext();) {
wt.epm.EPMDocument epmDocument = (wt.epm.EPMDocument) iterator.next();
wt.fc.collections.WTArrayList partCollection = new wt.fc.collections.WTArrayList();
partCollection.add(epmDocument);
wt.fc.collections.WTValuedMap toCheckin = (wt.fc.collections.WTValuedMap) wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspaceHelper.manager
.checkout(workspace, partCollection);

// Check in each EPMDocument
wt.fc.collections.WTKeyedMap checkinMap = new wt.fc.collections.WTKeyedHashMap(toCheckin.size());
for (java.util.Iterator<?> i_objects = toCheckin.persistableIterator(); i_objects.hasNext();) {
wt.vc.wip.Workable workable = (wt.vc.wip.Workable) i_objects.next();
checkinMap.put(workable, new wt.epm.workspaces.CheckinOption("Test checkin"));
}
wt.fc.collections.WTSet checkedInObjects = wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspaceHelper.manager.checkin(workspace, checkinMap);
}

} catch (WTException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

Hi @RR_11032239 

Soo resolve the error.

The error points you where your code has an issue. 

So in your case you use some function that expects WTKeyedHashSet but you provide WTValuedMap 

So you need to find the row in your code and correct it.

PetrH

Top Tags