cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Interity Requirements Connector ORA-01017

jgarcia-3
4-Participant

Interity Requirements Connector ORA-01017

I am getting this error since I have restored an Oracle backup.

The user/password are correct.

I have changed it in the Oracle DB several times with simple password to avoid errors. I can connect through sqlplus and sqldeveloper all the times.

Ok, I can be wrong even copy paste user and pass from a txt that works with sqlplus, but the next test is what made me atonished:

• I have created a new Oracle user with sqldeveloper with system user,
  • Granted ALL permissions
  • I have set this new user in the config PTC IRS (3.4.0.5)
  • Pushed the button Create tables, without error
  • Tables are created in Oracle in the correct user
  • Saved the config
  • But, when I am going to create a roundtrip, I get the same error!! ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
KartikOak
15-Moonstone
(To:jgarcia-3)

Hi,

Have you filed a support ticket with PTC TS?

Thanks

Kartik

jgarcia-3
4-Participant
(To:KartikOak)

First of all, thank you for your answer.

Yes, of course, I opened a Case with PTC.

But the answer is "This version of product has been in so-called Sustained Support mode for more than two years. In this mode you have the following options to get help on your product version:

• Take advantage of our PTC Support Knowledge Base with tens of thousands of articles written by PTC Support experts.
  • Get in touch with thousands of PTC users and share your knowledge and questions in the Community."

So we are paying for the support but we dont have a solution. This tool is used in a big project and cannot be updated every year.

Best Regards

KartikOak
15-Moonstone

Hello,

With the utmost respect, I would like to point out that IRC 3.4 was released in April 2019. So, the upgrade has been due since 2021 at a minimum! Every release gets a standard 2 year support time frame.

Can you please confirm the current state - Is all your collaboration blocked, or are these problems on a test & trial version, and your production environment is secure and remains operational?

Please share your PTC Ticket ID details.

Thanks

Kartik

jgarcia-3
4-Participant

Hi

I have been working with IRC since 2010, but I dont choose which version I have to use, is a responsability of the consortium. Even some partners are using previous versions.

The problem is with a machine in the production environment and we are totally blocked. We cannot export/import modules.

I have copied the admin tool and set up again, connecting to the same Oracle database, but I get the same error.

I will try to restore another oracle backup.

This is the ticket opened by a colleague PTC Case C17007472

Thanks for your answer

KartikOak
15-Moonstone

Hi,

I have requested that someone reach out to you in the coming days - timing is subject to the ticket queue.

However, it is strongly recommended to upgrade once you are unblocked.

Thanks

Kartik

jgarcia-3
4-Participant

Hi,

I have received an email from support asking some questions, but when we answered we received the same message. "This version is out of support".

We solved the issue with an old Oracle backup, so I would like to know if it si posible to update Oracle database without updating Doors database, I suppose that it is impossible but I have to answer.

I have to update the Oracle database with all the import/export since the backup restored to sync with the doors database. If it is not possible to update only Oracle db, the Doors database will have duplicate entries that I have to delete and restore all links manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Top Tags