cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Association Type - Set as Default

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Association Type - Set as Default

Hi Guys,

In Windchill we can use the "Target State" to set a lifecycle state at a single shot for all the WT Part rights.

I want the same thing for the association type because whenever tried to associate EPM comes as the owner is the default. I want to change into a contributing image.

Can we control through preference management to set my EPM always in the contributing image? If that means WT Part is Owner Right.

Regards,

Aj

Amirtharaj_K_0-1715768521874.png

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for the replay @avillanueva 

As per the article, we need to change 3 things in Preference Management Right.

Regards,

AJ

I do not think so if you are referring to altering for certain document types. You might want to leave that one alone but read what each one does. Make sure you build a good set of test cases before deploying to production. You want to make sure you hit it from all angles.

@avillanueva I am looking for a Part Eccentric Approach Method:

Scenario 1: First we need to create a WT Part first - Without EPM or With EPM we have an option "New CAD Document". [CAD also linked]

Scenario 2: If it's a single component there is no issue with this, but if it's assembly we need to build the structure right.

How we can approach this - Using the USES TAB to make a strucure or Using the CAD software to make structures. [If I used the USED TAB i can't able to see the CAD structure [While Creation a WT Part enabled the option "New CAD Document". ]

Regards,

AJ

Owner - A CAD document can have an association with many Windchill parts using this type.

@avillanueva As per the link, either CAD or PART ECCENTRIC APPROACH CAD is always the Owner you mean.

AJ

Hello @Amirtharaj_K

It looks like you have some responses from a community member. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags