cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Check out of non-latest Iteration

ZC_10909252
7-Bedrock

Check out of non-latest Iteration

I am fairly new to windchill. I am trying to checkout the non-latest iteration and make a modification. Basically a user added parts to an assembly that should have been added to a family table in our library so I need to correct that. The preference is locked at the org level but not the site. I have added my username to both the site and org admin accounts. Previously when I wanted to revert the iteration I had to log in as the org admin unlock the preference and set the preference to allow. This temporarily would enable all users to have this ability. 

Is there a way I can avoid having to change the preference every time by giving my personal account the ability to check out the non-latest iteration? 

On a side note, creo does not like when I switch accounts. I had setup bat that would change the cache location based off of username but PDMlink still showed a warning about how the session is registered. Is there a better way to switch between windchill accounts in Creo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:ZC_10909252)

Hi,

Since the preference is locked at Org Level, this will over ride the Site Preference and also it will not allow any flexibility in that.

Based on your summary, I can suggest that you

Step 1.. please dont lock the Org level preference (This will give the possibility of the step 2)

Step 2 : Go to User Preferences and have the preference to check out non-latest iteration for your user 

Now all users follow the Org Setting, while you have over-ridden the Org Preference (as it was not locked).

One more thing you can try is to have this behaviour locked at all the contexts level (Except that library context) to have some control on the user indirectly. Again if you have many Contexts, this is will become administrative work. But Technically will work.

Cheers

Hari

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:ZC_10909252)

Hi,

Since the preference is locked at Org Level, this will over ride the Site Preference and also it will not allow any flexibility in that.

Based on your summary, I can suggest that you

Step 1.. please dont lock the Org level preference (This will give the possibility of the step 2)

Step 2 : Go to User Preferences and have the preference to check out non-latest iteration for your user 

Now all users follow the Org Setting, while you have over-ridden the Org Preference (as it was not locked).

One more thing you can try is to have this behaviour locked at all the contexts level (Except that library context) to have some control on the user indirectly. Again if you have many Contexts, this is will become administrative work. But Technically will work.

Cheers

Hari

Responding to side note, be careful when switching login with Creo workspaces. If you intend on doing this often, I suggest creating different start up scripts that point to different cache locations where you can login as different users. There are lines you can put into a batch script to tell it to look in different places. Here is how we avoid different windows users colliding. If you are using the same windows user but different PDMLink accounts, then alter this to be a different folder for the other user in a different start script.

REM ****************************************************************************
REM set the .wf folder location; if it doesn't exist create it
REM User the users folder to accomodate multiple users on the same workstation
@set PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Users\%USERNAME%\creo9ws
@set PTC_WLD_ROOT=%PTC_WF_ROOT%

Thanks for the side note. I did notice I could redirect the cache location however I am still getting the warning that my server cache is set for the previous user. 

This was the script i used:

SET WCHOME=C:\Users\%USERNAME%\

if NOT EXIST "%WCHOME%"   goto wchome_not_set

SET CREO_CMD=C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.3.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe

if NOT EXIST "%CREO_CMD%" goto creo_parametric_error
set USER=Creo9_Client_OrgADM

set PTC_WF_ROOT=%WCHOME%%USER%\.wf

set PTC_WF_CACHE=%WCHOME%%USER%\local_cache

if NOT EXIST "%WCHOME%\%USER%"   goto wchome_not_set

REM Start Creo Parametric

ECHO Starting Creo Parametric as %USER% in %WCHOME%%USER%...

CALL "%CREO_CMD%"

GOTO end_script

Top Tags