cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Discussion forum comments

AK_10813265
6-Contributor

Discussion forum comments

I am looking for Discussion forum comments to be able to hide it when the user is not created that comment and should be able to edit to the user who has created it,

this we have created an action "edit user comments" which is added in the actions tab where it opens the window which has the comments which can be edited... can anyone help me on this.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @AK_10813265 

Could you describe your concept more deeply? 

What exactly is your goal ? 

HelesicPetr_0-1712755949580.png

PetrH

Hi Petr,

well basically the idea is too edit the discussion comments, for this we have already created an action called Edit user comments under actions as from your image which i have highlighted below.

AK_10813265_0-1712756175535.png

this action will open a window which will be having comments which has been added other users on change task which they have either completed/rejected/sent back.. 

my goal is to check the user who has created the comment from the change task is the same user or not and enable him to edit that comment, and other comments should not able to edit / should be disabled.

could you please give an idea on how to do this, or any similar code snippet for this scenario?

Hi @AK_10813265 

So you need a code in the your wizard to get the active user and compare him to the discussion comments if it is the correct user or different.

Then use this information in some JavaScript function to allow/disallow the edit the comment.   

Everything depends how you present the discussion in your page. 

If it is in the tree table, then you can use some function that exclude the discussion row. 

PetrH

Hi Petr,

Thank you for your response, I am looking pretty much on the code and what you have explained in the above comment.

and we wanted to edit it in the table view not in the tree view of the comments.

It would be little more easy if you elaborate more on this, this would be much helpful.

So if you have anything similar code written can you share that?

Thanks

AK

Hi @AK_10813265 

I don't have that code exactly. I had to create it.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Any idea you can create that for us, that would be much helpful and an idea for the other users by implementing these new solutions.

Thanks,

Ak

Top Tags