cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

External users Organization allowing multiple Cage Code choices

CraigFinney
5-Regular Member

External users Organization allowing multiple Cage Code choices

A two part...  

a) We have external users, who we set their organization to the company they work for, and in the project they can access, we default the cage code on new objects to the same.  However, we notice, that some users can change the cage code to other organizations.  If we were to modify the user's login organization, we never loose the original cage code possible selection.  I.e. My test user was my organization.  Then I modified to test for company A.  Then modified to company B.  My test user can now set my original organization, plus both Company A and Company B, and sometime Random Company C and D.  How would we clear the other options when they search Cage Codes to only get the default organization?

b) Other side of the coin, we deal with multiple branches of the same vendor.  Is there a way to set the organizations up so all the branches can fall under the HQ, and allow selection of any of the other branch's cage codes?  I know the above would work, however, without understanding how and why this works, and how to control it, could mean it would later disappear or random choices becomes available.

2 REPLIES 2

Following 🙂 I don't have recommendations at this point, but am looking to do something similar

Let me just restate the problem so I understand it:

a) The Organization attribute on the WTUser entry keeps track of the user's company which you've defined by cage code. Those users are granted access to a project. In that project you are using OIR rules to default the cage code of newly created object to the cage code of the organization, correct? You are not pulling the cage code of the user's org to populated new objects right? Which is it? Cage code on the object is like any attribute, it can change with each check out/in so its possible that it can change. Access control would not rely upon attribute values but rather containers unless you add in security labels to the mix as a secondary level of control.  They should be able to see objects in that project and only the projects they are members of. Do I have that right?

b) I've been working with Supplier Management and run into the same conundrum. The same part can be made by many of the plants under that same company. Two choices. Replicate the part to appear under each or pick one as a stand in for all of them (the HQ). In my case, it would only matter if I was saying that I wanted only parts from one site and not another.  As far as I know, there is no hierarchy that can be established.

avillanueva_0-1714408898545.png

However, I think I have greatly mistaken your question. 

Top Tags