cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Getting FolderID for API

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Getting FolderID for API

How do I get the folder ID? Right now I am trying to use the Windchill REST Services site where it generates the request and response for you. I assume that under the data administration domain you can get folders from a container using /Containers{'ContainerID'}'/Folders but it seems like none of the folders show up when I provide the ContainerID for an organization. Windchill Version 12.1.2.0 and REST API 2.5

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @VH_10947268 

Is there an issue with the input parameters?

ContainerID should be like OR:wt.inf.container.OrgContainer:123456789

It works on my server

Rocket_Max_0-1709262061408.png

Rocket_Max_1-1709262086612.png

Hi @Rocket_Max 

The point is what he expects. 

Your result is a folder in the Organization folder structure? 

I guess that @VH_10947268 expects if he request for folders under organization he would get all folders from all sub containers as the libraries and products and that way I guess it does not work. 

PetrH

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thanks for responses, @Rocket_Max @HelesicPetr 

I’m not sure what a FolderID is exactly supposed to look like, but what I’m guessing is that if I have folders in a organization, I can provide the organization’s ContainerID and get all the folders’ IDs inside that organization. I’m not exactly sure what a Cabinet is, but maybe that is the FolderID? But I have multiple folders in that container and only one CabinetID shows up so I’m guessing not. Maybe I need to get folders as use the cabinetID as the container? I’m trying to figure out this because you can provide Folder@odata.bind in the API when creating documents, and I’m guessing it will create a document at that folder. 

Top Tags