cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Migrating CREO files from Windchill to Autodesk Vault

Pranav_p2
4-Participant

Migrating CREO files from Windchill to Autodesk Vault

Hello All,

Currently we are using CREO 9.0 as CAD software and Windchill 12 as PDM system.

We want to investigate the possibility to migrate the EPM documents from Windchill to Autodesk Vault PDM system. There are other posts on this topic which are to migrate from Vault to Windchill and based on that I believe that the migration in other way should be possible.

Does anyone have experience with this? How did you manage to migrate the parameters and metadata from Windchill to Vault? Is there any tool to migrate the data?

Kind regards

Pranav

4 REPLIES 4
jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:Pranav_p2)

Hi Pranav,

You need to check if Autodesk vault PDM system can read an understand Creo file dependencies.and does Autodesk vault PLM has a Creo integration?

If none of these conditions all the files you would migrate won't be easily editable and viewable. For example, if you need to modify a CAD assembly files you need to have all the required CAD part files and it will be impossible if Autodesk vault PLM can't detect these dependencies. Also if you create a new version of a component it will be very difficult to access the assembly configuration before and after the component revision/modification.

Regards

Jean-Pierre

Pranav_p2
4-Participant
(To:jlecoz)

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Yes, there is a plug-in for Vault Professional 2024 and CREO to integrate them. Manually I checked IN a CREO asm file & drw (+all parts in asm) in Vault and later opened it from Vault.  It can read the dependencies and load the asm/drw with all existing constraints and can be edited. 

The challenge is to recover the previous revisions/history, life cycle states and metadata driven by Windchill. For the asm that I tested, the user defined parameters were also migrated with current values but the metadata driven by Windchill (like revision/ life cycle state) was not migrated.

We are looking to migrate the latest version of all EPM documents from Windchill to Vault with proper mapping of metadata, life cycle states and revisions.

Does anyone know how to bulk migrate and map the metadata? Is there any tool for this?

regards,

Pranav

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Pranav_p2)

You should check with Autodesk and see if they have any tools for a migration from Windchill to Vault.

PTC would have no interest in creating or providing such a tool.

Pranav_p2
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

Yes, will check with Autodesk.

I understand that PTC will not be interested in this, but I was hoping that someone has experience with this and can share their valuable feedback.

BR

Pranav

Top Tags