cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

New-Windchill+ Readiness Diagnostic Extension (WReadE) & Windchill Performance Advisor 4.1 Released!

sgaikwad31
8-Gravel

New-Windchill+ Readiness Diagnostic Extension (WReadE) & Windchill Performance Advisor 4.1 Released!

WReadE V1.0 – NEW!

Windchill+ Readiness Diagnostic Extension

The Windchill+ Readiness Diagnostic Extension is a standalone utility that can be used to collect data for the assessment of a Windchill environment and determine readiness of the environment to move to Windchill+. The extension identifies the following details — Windchill version, modules and configuration, and customizations applied to the out-of-the-box Windchill server.

On execution, the Windchill+ Readiness Diagnostic Extension generates an output package. This output package is sent to PTC through Windchill Performance Advisor. The mechanism to manually upload the output package is also available on the support portal (Windchill+ Readiness Data Upload).

Documentation

Additional Information

Download

Windchill Performance Advisor 4.1

Windchill+ Readiness Assessment Dashboard

The Windchill+ Readiness Assessment gadget enables you to start your transition to Windchill+. It helps you to perform an assessment of your Windchill environment to determine readiness of the environment to move to Windchill+.  It provides a self-service preliminary assessment of the state of your Windchill environment based on the guidelines set for Windchill+.

The Dashboard determines the assessment score based of the following KPI’s -

• Windchill and PLM Capabilities
  • External system integrations
  • Customizations
  • Deployment Parameters

Enhanced Customization Analysis gadget

The Customization analysis gadget has been enhanced with improved categorization. It has been also organized to align with Windchill+ guidelines and guardrails. The dashboard provides an information of the impact of the customization applied on the Windchill environment for the following criteria -

• Allowed in SaaS
  • Upgrade status
  • Security status
  • Portability status

The impact of the above criteria on customization artifacts will be derived based on the type of upgrade version selected by user - Windchill+ or other supported Windchill versions.

Documentation

Additional Information

12 REPLIES 12
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:sgaikwad31)

@sgaikwad31,

Assuming the upload was successful, how long should it take before the results are available on the Performance Advisor website?  It's been 2.5 hours since the upload finished and I'm still not seeing anything.

2023-09-07 16:00:19,283 main [DEBUG|com.ptc.wa.wcu.wnc.WinCUPluginRunner|WinCUPluginRunner] WReadE Report Send Status : SUCCESSFUL

TomU_0-1694126058549.png

@tom 

The above gadget indicates that the reports are available and now you can perform/view the assessment.

You need to click on the above link "Click to start your SaaS journey today" to view the Windchill+ assessment results, 

There are 3 questions which need to be answered before you see the Overall SaaS assessment result. 

Thanks

-Sandeep

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@sgaikwad31 ,

Thanks!  Next question.  I have an 'out of the box' install of Windchill 12.1 2.4 that I'm testing this on, and the assessment is telling me that there are hundreds of customizations present.  There certainly are not.  Will a later CPS trip up this tool?  The tool is claiming that my 'Current Release' is 12.1.2.0, but it's actually 12.1.2.4.  Would that possibly cause this behavior?

TomU_0-1694178080456.png

TomU_1-1694178096837.png

TomU_2-1694178118545.png

Can you confirm the GUID/Windchill Server ID that you picked is the correct one and of the server that you are looking for?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, they match:

TomU_0-1694190141934.png

@TomU 

1. DB schema changes looks like not the OOTB windchill DB tables.

2. Columns added by add columns with Type-info.class. should be ignored.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@sgaikwad31 

This is literally an out-of-the-box install that has one CPS update applied.  There have been no manual schema changes and no columns manually added.  Send me a PM if you want.  I'll gladly give you access to the system to look around.

TomU_0-1694705445991.png

TomU_1-1694705465564.png

MikeP.
8-Gravel
(To:TomU)

Hey Tom, were you both able to find a resolution for this? I'm beginning to test myself and want to better understand the issues that exist and what may be resolved in a future patch.

- Mike P.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeP.)

@MikeP.,

I've heard nothing more from @sgaikwad31 (or anyone else.)  I just checked the Performance Advisor website, and nothing has changed there either.  It still thinks this is a highly customized Windchill installation, but it's definitely not.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeP.)

@MikeP.,

To better test this out, I just performed a fresh, clean install of 12.1.2.0 and then ran the WReadE tool.  Same result.  Tool is claiming there are all kinds of customizations and alterations to the database.  I then installed CPS 12.1.2.2, changed the GUID, and ran it again.  Shows even more customizations now.  Finally, I installed CPS 12.1.2.4, changed the GUID again, and ran the tool for the 3rd time.  Pretty much the same result as the previous run.

Something is very wrong with this tool.  I'm going to open a support case and see what they say.

Hi @TomU -

We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, still we are investigating it. Can you please open a support ticket and send all the details.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@sgaikwad31 

Case # 17064224

Top Tags