cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

One CAD model to represent Engineering and Manufacturing Drawings

kumarappan
6-Contributor

One CAD model to represent Engineering and Manufacturing Drawings

Hi,

My business team wants to use one CAD model to create Engineering as well as Manufacturing Drawing and associate them to the respective engg and mfg Parts.

Is it possible to achieve this procedure? 

If I create multiple drawing to one MODEL, Windchill shows all drawing as "Calculated" and displays in all parts.

2 REPLIES 2

Curious, what is different in the drawing that would be linked to the Design view vs the Manufacturing view? The default would be to link to the Design view but you can change that in the workspace preferences. Honestly, it would difficult since you it would be 100% manual. People would have to know which drawing to associated to which view. If you automated creation, it should stay linked from then on but would be tough to manage and keep clean.

Hi,

One single component is brought out from the supplier. In the BOM, inspection drawing is associated for the receiving part as design view. But at the inhouse Manufactuing house, another inspection drawing created to check additional parameter which is part of manufacturing BOM. As this is a single component same CAD model is used for creating both the inspection drawings. 

The problem is if I create two inspections drawing for a model, both the drawings are appearing at engineering as well as in Manufactuing BOM level which is confusing.

Wondering any possibility to create view specific drawings for a CAD model in Windchill

Top Tags