cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

View ERP part details functionality using ERP connector

Chris_Johnson
12-Amethyst

View ERP part details functionality using ERP connector

Hi, I couldn't find any information in the documentation about this.

Is it possible to enable the "View ERP part details" function in the UI without using the Tibco integration tools for Oracle or SAP? We're using a custom integration tool to our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) and it would be really useful to have costing and stock information available in Windchill for the engineers. Has anyone managed to get this working for any other system than SAP or Oracle?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Chris_Johnson 

I know only the ESI (Enterprise system Integration) as a connector to SAP or Oracle. from PTC. Others connectors are from a third party and it is not just configuration. You can search a Windchill Extension applications that are available OOTB in Windchill 12+  but nothing is just configure one property and all will work. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Chris_Johnson 

If you have a connection to the databases of the ERP system you can drill out the information based on the ID from Windchill if it can fit. You need the same identification parameter in both systems. 

You can get the information and show it by data utility in the Wndchill.

It is up to you how you get the information. if you use own custom solution then you would use already exists functions from it

If the ERP has a rest api you can use it by java code, 

If the erp use HTTP server you can use HTTPURL call from java and so on. 

PetrH

Thank you Petr, so it's only customisation then? I was rather hoping that it would be a preference or an xconf somewhere to tell Windchill how to access the data using some pre-defined connector.

Chris

For clarity. It's this function that I'm trying to enable: Viewing ERP Part Details (ptc.com)

Yes this is a ESI (Enterprise system Integration)

if the ESI are installed in your system you can try to use it but Iam not sure if it supports  Microsoft Dynamics

Also it is not so easy to configure all ESI with ERP. 

Hi @Chris_Johnson 

I know only the ESI (Enterprise system Integration) as a connector to SAP or Oracle. from PTC. Others connectors are from a third party and it is not just configuration. You can search a Windchill Extension applications that are available OOTB in Windchill 12+  but nothing is just configure one property and all will work. 

PetrH

Thank you Petr,

I thought that this might be the case. Thank you for your help.

Chris

These are some HUB articles about ESI, Tibco and ERP systems.

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Enterprise System Integration

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Enterprise Application Integration TIBCO

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM Enterprise System Integration - Customization

I think it is by far the most complex part involving Windchill.

We use Tibco to integrate Windchill with our ERP system, and the configuration of Tibco is totally in the hands of our consultants.

Marco
Top Tags