cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

"check out", "continue" or "read only"?? issues with each option

BC_10114507
4-Participant

"check out", "continue" or "read only"?? issues with each option

I want to "mock up an idea" and not save changes.. When I open the part/assembly and attempt to modify it, Windchill requires you select "check out", "continue" or "read only". Each of these options seem to have issues with what I am trying to do.

-If I choose read only, I cannot test the changes I want to test.

-If I check out the part, I am permanently modifying the part.

-If I choose continue, it lets me do whatever I want. I then test my changes and when I am done, I close files without saving. If I open the file a week later, and try to make a change.... Windchill now just lets me make the change without requiring the selection of "check out", "continue" or "read only"?? I would expect that it would discard the changes and reset the selection requirement.

It seems many assemblies just get in the permanent "continue" mode. Which causes issues.

For now, I check out - test my modifications - close without saving - and undo check out... not sure what issues that may cause???

Does anyone know of a way to "continue for current session only??

3 REPLIES 3

You could remove the items from your Workspace when you were finished. 

When they're downloaded again from Windchill in your next session, you'd be presented with the Check Out / Continue / Read-Only option again

Hello,

You can choose continue --> Save to workspace.

Once you are done , either

• remove all the objects from the workspace or
  • Select all objects and click green plus button to download everything from common space.

One more option is to download everything on your local drive and then change/discard your changes. 

This will do the trick for you. 

Are there any other options other than those offered to remove from workspace or any current requests for this?

Top Tags