Are you looking for instructions on how to get started with the Artisan?
If you go to https://[YOUR-URL].axeda.com/artisan/ then you will get step-by-step instructions on the downloading the Maven archetype and getting your first Artisan project up and running.
Remember about pre-requisites:
- some sort of IDE is recommended
Hope this helps
Thanks Steve for the screen cast.
One more thing I would like to mention is optional step of making life even easier with the IntelliJ and Maven integration - if you do not like / do not want to use command line to push your Artisan project to the platform you can easily configure IDE to do it for you. Instead of issuing command in the CMD prompt you will be pressing one button straight in the IDE.
How to configure IntelliJ IDE to push Artisan project:
- In IntelliJ IDE select Run menu, from which select Edit Configurations
- Dialog will be presented and you need to add new Maven configuration with following properties:
- Name - this can be anything, I choose MVN clean > package to indicate which goals will be executed
- Working directory - this should be already defaulted to the location of your Artisan project
- Command line: clean package -s C:\Users\<YOURLOGINHERE>\.m2\<YOUR_MAVEN_SETTINGS.XML> -P run-install
IMPORTANT: IntelliJ IDE does not resolve the environment variables in the command line configuration so you cannot use %USERPROFILE% or %USERNAME% variables.
Here is my config (my username = mredel).
Now you have handy button (green "play") that once pushed will send your Artisan project to the platform: