4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 4:08 PM by jw614h RSS
    Explorer

Getting a bunch of data item values

I need to find the last eventNumber value but I can’t sort the historical data finder by name:

def historicalDataItemValueCriteria = new HistoricalDataItemValueCriteria();

historicalDataItemValueCriteria.setAssetId(); //hard coded for now

//currentDataItemValueCriteria.setName("eventNumber "); //doesn't work

historicalDataItemValueCriteria.setStartDate(mStartDate); // 30 days ago

historicalDataItemValueCriteria.setEndDate(mEndDate); // today

//historicalDataItemValueCriteria.dataItemIds.push("xirgoxt4560||eventNumber ");

hfindResult = dataItemBridge.findHistoricalValues(historicalDataItemValueCriteria);

Do you have a code example for this? 

I also tried current data value find but that only brings back one value and I need them all.

Also do you have an example of paging?

I can fall back to 6.5 code but it has the 1000 row limt.

• Re: Getting a bunch of data item values
        cdovholuk Apprentice

It was released last year as a beta - but our 'mentor' site has proven to be quite useful. Have you had a look at https://mentor.axeda.com/magnoliaPublic/mentor/objects/DataItemBridge.html ?

All these examples are in the Axeda® Platform v2 API/Services Developer’s Reference as well.

import static com.axeda.sdk.v2.dsl.Bridges.*

import com.axeda.services.v2.*

def asset = assetBridge.find("Vending Machine 5000||A36")

assert asset

def findResult = dataItemBridge.findHistoricalValues(

new HistoricalDataItemValueCriteria(

assetId: asset.systemId,

startDate: new Date() - 1,

endDate: new Date()))

assert findResult

findResult.dataItemValues.each { println("Historical value for ${it.dataItem.label}: ${it.value}") }

Explorer

That's a great example but it doesn't filter by data item name.

I need to bring back the last n number of values of specific data item.

Thanks

Jay

cdovholuk Apprentice

Oh I totally missed that part of your question - sorry. I looked over the API and sadly I don't see a way to use the v2 services to filter based on data item name alone.

You will need to retrieve them all and do a simple if. I've attached the pagination examples we will ship with the next release in this post for DataItem. It will hopefully jumpstart you.

(edited - forgot how to do code blocks )

import static com.axeda.sdk.v2.dsl.Bridges.*
                import com.axeda.services.v2.*

final int MAX_PAGES = 5 // guard rail, the max number of pages to retrieve
                final int PAGE_SIZE = 1 // if you want to fetch all objects, set this to Constants.DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE
                int TOTAL_EXPECTED = MAX_PAGES * PAGE_SIZE
                /* PLEASE READ
                  Please realize that if you have a very large number of objects it is not recommended to
                  add all of them to a result and try to return it. Use good judgement and common sense
                  otherwise you will potentially negatively impact the performance of your running server.
                */

// set up the criteria object - we want to find everything, so no filters
                int currentPage = 1
                DataItemCriteria criteria = new DataItemCriteria(pageNumber:currentPage, pageSize:PAGE_SIZE)

// do a first search to get the totalCount
                FindDataItemResult initial = dataItemBridge.find(criteria)
                List<DataItem> results = initial.dataItems

// iterate through all of the pages...... or until we hit the guard rail
                while( initial.totalCount > currentPage * PAGE_SIZE && MAX_PAGES > criteria.pageNumber )
                {
                  currentPage++
                  criteria.pageNumber = currentPage
                  initial = dataItemBridge.find(criteria)
                  results += initial.dataItems
                }

// either we hit the guardrail, or we found all of them
                assert results.size() == MAX_PAGES * PAGE_SIZE || results.size() == initial.totalCount
                return new FindDataItemResult(totalCount:initial.totalCount, dataItems:results)