- Can you explain the rationale behind this approach?
- Do you use concepts of Regions, Organizations and Locations? These typically work really well as the visibility restriction criteria.
- Do you use or plan to use Active Directory integration? (Users and User Groups created in AD and not in Axeda)
we use Regions/Orgs/Locs for our big customers, having hundreds of devices.
For our small customers (only a handful of devices, but thousands of different users/companies) we need to create a "self-service" approach where a customer can do a self-sign-up and can register for his devices by using special reg-keys.
But this means that every user or small company needs his own usergroup where an assetgroup (containing only his devices) controls visibility. The concept is already there and successfully tested.
We use SunONE LDAP right now, but will have migrate to internal user DB for secondary users as LDAP-support is not available anymore with 6.6 and newer So we will end up in the Axeda DB with these thousands of usergroups/assetgroups ...
We are indeed using Delegated Admin Units, but we found that we can only handle our larger customers via this approach. Small customers (thousands of them) would mean thousands of DA units and we are really not sure if this would work - anyhow also this approach would need thousands of asset groups...
LDAP is still supported.
6.6 Support Matrix Portal URL: https://na2.salesforce.com/01540000000kzTP
- Active Directory Windows 2008 64 bit
- Microsoft Active Directory Windows 2012
- 389 Directory Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 64 bit
- Red Hat Directory Server 9.0 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 64 bit
The 6.8 Support Matrix will be finalized once released to self-hosted customers.