4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 8:53 AM by marcobr RSS
    marcobr Explorer

How do I configure DataItem associations programmatically?

Hello everybody,

Currently I try to automate the configuration of Device, Model and DataItem associations via the Axeda Platform Groovy API on Axeda 6.6/6.8.

Up to now I have found the following API parts:

Device association:

The creation of Device associations is possible via the class com.axeda.drm.sdk.m2m.DeviceAssociation and its store() method from older parts of the Axeda API.

Model association:

Reading of Model associations is possible via the method com.axeda.services.v2.Model.getSourceModels()

Creation via v1:

possible via the method com.axeda.drm.sdk.m2m.ModelAssociation.store()

Creation via v2:

com.axeda.services.v2.Model sourceModel = Bridges.modelBridge.find(sourceModelName)

com.axeda.services.v2.Model targetModel = Bridges.modelBridge.find(targetModelName)

sourceModel.targetModels.add(targetModel)

Bridges.modelBridge.update(sourceModel)

-> Unfortunately this does not work. Any suggestions?

DataItem association:

Reading of DataItem associations is possible via the method Bridges.dataItemBridge.getSourceDataItems(...)

Creation:

Up to now I've only found the class com.axeda.drm.sdk.m2m.DataItemAssociation with its method store()

Unfortunately the implementation of DataItemAssociation requires to also set the source/target com.axeda.drm.services.device.DataItem  (old/internal API?) instances, too:

public void store() {

if(!this.deviceAssociationManager.isDataItemAssociated(this.sourceTagId, this.destinationTagId)) {

this.deviceAssociationManager.createDataItemAssociation(this.sourceDataItem, this.destinationDataItem);

}

}

In contrast the classes ModelAssociation and DeviceAssociation only require the system Ids to associate Models/Devices.

Is there any v2 API to associate DataItems?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Marco