7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 9:53 AM by walterh RSS
    walterh Newbie

Trying to run the Raspberry PI demo -- seeing errors when targeting the Academic cloud instance

I have access to ThingWorx via this URL as provided to me as part of the academic program:

I can access the composer there just fine.

I created an App key as the Raspberry PI tutorial describes. I compiled the EMS jar and deployed it to the PI.

The command line I use on the PI is:

java -jar ./temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar ws://thingworx-academic-vu.ptcmscloud.com/Thingworx/WS <<myapikey>> simulated

I am hiding the API string for privacy.

The process on the PI starts up OK but then I see this log sequence repeated:

19:56:33.268 /main DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - Initializing CommunicationEndpoint Connection Monitor...

19:56:33.274 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - CommunicationEndpoint Monitor - checking for disconnected endpoints

19:56:33.277 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 INFO  c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - Endpoint not connected name: EP_0, id: 0. Attempting /reconnect...

19:56:33.284 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.ClientCommunicationEndpoint - Clearing endpoint authentication data id: 0

19:56:33.286 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 INFO  c.t.c.c.e.ClientCommunicationEndpoint - Needed to refill connections on client endpoint id: 0 : active: 0, max: 1

19:56:33.550 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 ERROR c.t.c.c.e.ClientCommunicationEndpoint - Refilling connections on endpoint 0, uri: ws://thingworx-academic-vu.ptcmscloud.com/Thingworx/WS failed : null

19:56:33.552 /Client-EndpointMonitor-1 INFO  c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - Endpoint reconnection was unsuccessful name: EP_0, id: 0

I think I have the WS URL for my cloud instance correctly included in the pom.xml file used to deploy the jar. This is the same one that I use on the command line and that URL is leading to a failed connection.

As far as I can tell, I have followed all tutorial steps correctly. Do I need to create a remote thing first in the Composer? The tutorial does not describe this step.

Any advice appreciated.