cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

support to jquery mobile and other web app frameworks (Framework7)

richardrod
1-Newbie

support to jquery mobile and other web app frameworks (Framework7)

Hi there 

Is it possible to extend Thingworx to support jQuery Mobile or other frameworks like Framework 7 (http://www.idangero.us/framework7/#.VUDLcouWEkN).   I am interested in create mobile mashups that behave like web apps, utilising those frameworks features - panels, or iOS look provided by Framework7. 

cheers

Richard 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Richard,

If you're thinking about creating your own Widgets, those can use whatever JS library you want (talking mainly about the graphical control libs). You just have to follow the documentation from section 9, ThingWorx Extensibility.
Those widgets will communicate to the platform via some standard JQuery methods (GetProperty, SetProperty, PropertyUpdate etc).

I don't think that you can modify the platform at a too lower level, meaning to actually modify the ThingWorx server itself in order to expose to the widget replacements for those standard jQuery methods.

BR,
Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir

So looks like that just jQuery is available.   Are there any plans to support mobile jQuery ?  I consider that Thingworx platform is very powerful in many aspects but visualisation in mobile phones is not that great and mobiles are the way to go today!

regards

Richard 

Liveworx is this coming week, not sure if you are going to be there, but we'll be making some big announcements, one of those will be in regards to the Mobile roadmap.

Cool ..tks for the update Pai.  Good to know that ThingWorx is moving to provide a mobile framework as well. Looking forward to see this one.

Top Tags