3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 8:41 AM by pchung RSS
    kevind Explorer

Database Connection Thing

Hi there, 

I'm trying to connect to the database, using the database connection thing, however, I happen to be running into certain problems. First I would have this connection string:

jdbc:mysql://*.compute-1.amazonaws.com:3306/demo?user=thing1&password=password!&allowMultiQueries=true (not an accurate connection string but used for sample purposes).  Then I would save it and open a service it says connection error via service.  So I check the connection I noticed that the changes I made is gone it still shows:  jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/demo?user=root&password=password&allowMultiQueries=true.

Is there a reason why my connection stream is not working? Is there a reason why the connection is not working and not staying?

I'm using the MySQL Extension...

Thank you,

Kevin Davis

• Database Connection Thing
        paic Collaborator

If you are using the MySQL extension, I would create a Thing based on the MySQL ThingTemplate since it will default in a lot of the information. All you would need to do is to update the Connection String and add the User name and Password (i.e. omit from connection string)