One thought that comes to my mind is the fact that I've seen auto updates rolling out to Java 8, make sure your Tomcat is pointed to use the Java 7 jvm.
Beyond that, not sure what OS you are using, but since you are starting clean, I would try the following:
1. Stop tomcat
2. Remove tomcat/webapps/thingworx and the thingworx.war
3. Remove \ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage
4. If you are on a Linux type environment, recreate the two Storage folders and make sure full permissions are granted on them.
Now start tomcat up and deploy Thingworx.
I just had the same issue yesterday. Was going in circles trying to figure out what it was until a friend asked me about the ThingWorx Storage and ThingWorx Backup Storage folders. I had installed and removed TWX a few months ago, and they were still on my machine. To correct the problem, I removed the WAR file and TWX app from Tomcat, rebooted and then removed all occurrences of ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage. After redeploying the WAR, the application ran as expected.
Hi @Ewerton Moreira,
I also faced same issue in Thingworx, How i get out of it, Please find below steps to troubleshoot.
1) Check Thingworx folder have permitted Windows/Linux directory access.
2) Validate Thingworx and Java both compatible version.
3) Hope u have created folder "Thingworx Platform" placed platform-settings.json as per installation document.
4) open platform-settings.json confirm that username and password