cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

TW Basics: How to use ThingTemplate Mashup and drive it from a query?

emoreira
12-Amethyst

TW Basics: How to use ThingTemplate Mashup and drive it from a query?

Hello All,

I have a service that queries all the Things that have a certain property value and I would like to have it to drive the values of a Mashup that I will use as a template.

Tried to play with the ThingTemplate Mashup but I seem to be having trouble passing the EntityName for the mashup. Actually I am also having trouble to pass the Entity for a Dynamic Service too.

Anyone that could point me to the right piece of documentation? I am struggling with the search engine as filtering is not so easy.

Thanks

Ewerton

4 REPLIES 4
paic
1-Newbie
(To:emoreira)

Passing parameters using Mashup parameters is an integral part to what you can do with Thingworx. You don't even need a ThingTemplate mashup, you can add parameters to a regular mashup.

Depending on what you are looking to do, your parent Mashup would have your service and render the information in a list or grid etc. and then you use the Data Source's Selected row to pass in information into your contained mashup.

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

Thanks.

I already found a way to do it for Dynamic Services, passing the Thing Name as a string, but did not have success to pass an entity to the Thing Template Mashup.

For now I was able to do what I wanted with a regular mash but I was curious to understand how the Thing Template Mash works.

Thanks

Hi Ewerton,

Did you get the working of ThingTemplate Mashup?

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi Tarun,

I gave up from this. I actually used the mashup and session parameters to accomplish what I needed.

Top Tags