cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Directory Service

victorgan
1-Newbie

Directory Service

Hi,

How do I create a new Directory Service?

From the workbook, it states to go to Directory Services and duplicate the default Entity to create your Directory Service. However when I go to Directory Services, I don't think I see a default entity or any entities in the listing. Am I looking in the wrong location or missing a component?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:victorgan)

Hi Victor,

If you refer to section 06.02 in the Wiki titled, "Directory Services Authentication, " you'll find direction on creating a directory service and an example. You will just copy and paste the example into a text editor such as notepad++ and import it the same way you would would any other entity. This will be the entity you duplicate in composer.

Thank you,

Saeed

Hi Saeed,

Thanks, that worked!

Hi Saeed,

Once I have the Directory Service configured, do I need to do anything to associate it to the users? My understanding was once I've configured and enabled the Directory Service, Thingworx would automatically attempt to authenticate against the Directory Services available. The security logs seem to indicate it is authenticating against the Thingworx password set for the user.

"Authentication attempt #1 FAILED for [user = com.thingworx.security.users.User@5e1b5726 ]: Invalid Password"

Also is there a way to test to see if my configuration settings are correct in the Directory Service?

Thanks.

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Did you create your users in the Directory service system as well as in ThingWorx?

Hi Saeed,

Yes I believe so. The username I created in ThingWorx is the same that exists in Active Directory. Is there anything else I need to configure? 

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Which version of ThingWorx are you using?

Hi Saeed,

I'm using Version 5.0.

Hi Saeed,

I'm still having the same issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Top Tags