cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Datashape Management

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

Datashape Management

Hello,

Is it possible to create/modify a datashape using a service?

Thank you,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-6292144)

Hi Michael,

Can you provide a little more information about the use case for this?

Thank you,

Saeed

Saeed,

The main purpose for this is I want to be able to have a multi x-axis label graph that would allow for variable DataFields. The issue I run into is A) you cannot have a multiple x axis label graph (I want week to show up underneath, then another category above that) like excel and B) you cannot variably bind DataFields so if your query for a certain time period doesn't contain that field it always shows regardless or if the data is labeled differently from location to location, you have to make a specific graph for each location.

Thank you,

Mike

To clarify further, my data looks like the following in the infotable.

Week        Area                         Weight
1                Processing                50
1                Packaging                  100
2                 Processing                30
2                 Packaging                 120
2                 Hold                           80

I want the weight to be the y axis, the week to be the x axis and the unique Areas to be Datafield labels

Hi, 

I am also looking for service to create a data shape. It seems this is missing in the EntityServices.

Our use case is that I have an external application that has definitions for various device types and with a different set of sampling variables each. I would like to create a ThingTemplate for each device model and a data shape matching the defined variables programmatically via the REST API or a service call. I can do everything except for creating a data shape it seems.

If this question was answered, would you provide the answer please?

Thanks!

Top Tags