cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can't Import 4.2 into 5.0 SP1

jasonpe
1-Newbie

Can't Import 4.2 into 5.0 SP1

I'm getting an error when trying to import my 4.2 entities into 5.0 SP1. There are lots of errors but I think these two are the main problem:

<div cellvalue="Internal error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : " title="Internal error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : " class="renderer-true-default textsize-normal" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px; filter: none; font-size: 11px !important; background: transparent;">Internal error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template :

Administrator

c.t.w.Importer

http-bio-80-exec-19

2014-06-27 00:24:44

<div cellvalue="Unable to process import: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : " title="Unable to process import: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : " class="renderer-true-default textsize-normal" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px; filter: none; font-size: 11px !important; background: transparent;">Unable to process import: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template :

Administrator

c.t.c.ImportProcessor

http-bio-80-exec-19

I was half hoping there would be a better way to copy/export log messages in 5.0, oh well. I looked in my current 5.0 database and I see that the EdgeEnhanced template is indeed missing, where did it go? All of our entities depend on the EdgeEnhanced template so it looks like I might need to some kind of conversion.

4 REPLIES 4

ugh looks like the log messages don't show up in here with a copy/paste. These are the errors I see in plain text:

Internal error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : <br>

<br>

Unable to process import: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate SysmapBaseDeviceTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template :

paic
1-Newbie
(To:jasonpe)

Did you Import the AlwaysOn Extension before you tried to do your import?

5.0 features the new WebSockets based Edge Micorserver protocols natively, but if you want to use the older XMPP Edge Microserver functionality, you need to first Import the AlwaysOn Extension.

I recommend you start clean, so stop Tomcat, remove your ThingworxStorage and backup storage, next Import all the necessary extensions first and then Import your exported content.

jasonpe
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

No I hadn't, I wasn't aware I needed to, I didn't see that in the install instructions. I did get the import to work now after importing that extension.

Now what's the process of converting all of our old things and templates over to websockets instead of xmpp?

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:jasonpe)

Jason,

There is no process to convert your existing XMPP entities to WebSocket entities. This will need to be done manually just as you'll need to convert to WebSocket on your Edge devices.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags