cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Displaying text + image in a list.

martingalaz
1-Newbie

Displaying text + image in a list.

Can I bound two datasources to a List? like to get a text from a database displayed into and a Image from the FileRepository that matches with the text?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Martin, a List can only display one Field from one Datasource.

If you want to have Text with an image, I recommend you first use a service to combine the data into one infotable which you send to the Mashup. Next instead of the List use a Grid widget to display the information.

So how can I query a Database and query a FileRepository in once?

Hi Martin, you can use a service to call other services.

So you can create a service in which you call a service that gets the info from the Database and also calls a service that gets the info from the FileRepository, after that you can use the InfoTable functions that we covered during training to combine the information.

Oh great, and instead a List I should use a grid? Can I use the list?

A list can only display a single column of information, plus it will not be able to do images.

Ok, thanks Pai, also is there a way to disable the grid and unselected all items? like an event.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:martingalaz)

Martin,

Depending on your use case, you may be able to use the Repeater widget to display the icon + text in list format. Furthermore, the List widget does support images, but only when they are specified in State Definitions. If you only have a handful of items to display, this may be a good solution for you, otherwise I recommend using the Grid or Repeater.

Top Tags