4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 9:45 PM by paic RSS
    martingal Explorer

Create Thing via REST

What is the URL format for creating a new thing based on a template via the REST API?
      • Create Thing via REST
        paic Collaborator

Hi Derek, if you check the available Entity Services (part of Resources) you'll find CloneThing and CreateThing.

Please read the Wiki entries because there are some important steps that must be followed.

• Create Thing via REST
            derekada Newbie

I have looked at that section. All I see is the following. I do not know how to call CloneThing or CreateThing via REST.

• EntityServices - helper functions to create and delete ThingWorx Model Entities, such as Things, Users, Groups, and Networks.

• Create Thing via REST
                paic Collaborator

Hi Derek, for full information on the REST API please see section A in the Wiki.

We understand that as a platform Thingworx presents a very comprehensive and rich development environment, which can make it challenging to find the right information. That's why we recommend attending either a live Training or Subscribe to the eLearning to all our users. Equipped with that you'll become a Thingworx expert in no time.
                Training dates are published on our website and please contact your sales Rep to get a subscription to eLearning.

• Create Thing via REST
              adam Creator

Derek,

The format is as follows:

/Thingworx/Resources/EntityServices/Services/CreateThing?method=post&name=ThingName&description=An%20Example%20Thing&thingTemplateName=GenericThing