cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Displaying link on contained mashup on clicking Menu

rajgs
1-Newbie

Displaying link on contained mashup on clicking Menu

Hi,

On click of a Menu i wanted to display a particular link/mashup on a contained mashup. In Menu settings for Link i have given the mashup to be loaded and  Target is given as Replace page. In sample tutorial video it is told that If it is contained mashup on selecting target as Replace page , Menu will load in the contained mashup. But for me it is replacing the whole page. Should i do any other setting?

Regards,

Raj

4 REPLIES 4
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:rajgs)

Hi Raj,

If your menu is on a master that is assigned to each mashup, it will always be visible and the contained mashup will change with your menu selection.

Thanks,

Saeed

rajgs
1-Newbie
(To:smanley)

Hi Saeed,

We did the following steps for displaying mashup(given in menu) in contained mashup.

1. Created a new Menu "TestMenu". In Menu definition we gave Type as "Mashup", Link as some sample mashup "SampleMashup1" Target as "Replace page"

2. Added a new Master "TestMaster".Dragged and dropped a menu and selected it's menu as  "TestMenu"

3. Opened "SampleMashup1" and in settings gave master as "TestMaster".

4. Executed Testmaster. On clicking menu it replaces the whole page to "SampleMashup1" instead of opening it in contained Mashup.

Please let me know if i am missing any settings here.

Thanks,

Raj

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Hi Raj,

What you'll want to do is open up the mashup that was assigned the master, not the master itself. The mashup will be wrapped in the master and only the contained mashup area will change according to the menu item selected.

Thanks,

Saeed

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Hi Raj,

There is a way to have the menu within a mashup and load the mashup selection in the contained mashup area, but unfortunately there is a bug in this functionality. This has been logged with development and will be resolved in the release of 5.0 SP1. Once it is released, you can set the "Drive Page Mashup or Bound to Mashup Parameter" option in the menu widget properties to +Bound to Mashup Parameter +and bind the Mashup parameter of the menu widget to the name input of the contained mashup.

Thanks,

Saeed

Top Tags