I did not need to save anything I had for 4.1 so here are the steps I did:
1. stopped the ThingWorx from the apache, and undeploy the old the version.
2. stop the apache service and remove the c:\ThingworxStorage and c:\ThingworxBackupStorage folders.
3. uninstall the apache older version and reinstalled the apache version 7.0.52.
4. deployed the thingworx 4.2 SP1
5. login thingworx composer and imported mssql extension. I get the mssql extension from here: [https://dl.
dropboxusercontent.com/u/ 73383/MSSQL_ExtensionPackage. zip | https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73383/MSSQL_ExtensionPackage.zip]
6. created a thing with mssqlserver thing template and configured the connection.
7. created a sql query service and I was able to see all the database tables and column. the sql query is "select * from <tablename>"
8. did a test run and failed.
new info. on this. I have another thingworx server setup v22.214.171.124. In this setup, I have a local mssql server running which all query services work ok. for kicks, I created another mssqlserver thing and pointing database connection string to the new 4.2 SP1 setup and I was able run the sql query successfully. please let me know if anything I can try so I can get the 4.2 SP1 setup working.Thanks,-LuWen