cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Data from multiple Things in one Time Series Chart

mraninec
1-Newbie

Data from multiple Things in one Time Series Chart

Hi,

In my project there is a couple of Things with properties like temperature, humidity etc. Currently I'm using Value Stream to bind the data to the Time Series Chart. That's working fine. Next thing I would like to do is to bind properties of multiple Things to one Time Series Chart, with ability to choose, which Thing property data will be displayed.

Is this possible with use of Value Stream?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:mraninec)

Out of the box (OOTB) it is easy to do multiple properties and drive those based on a user selection, if you want to show data from multiple Things, you'll have to use the 'multiple datasources' option (I believe removing the check in Single Data Source). If you then use a Dynamic service, you can also switch up what Things are supplying data to the chart.

mraninec
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thanks for the input. I know about the possibility you described. In my case, however, Things are dynamically added to the system, all of them sharing the same Thing Template. Your approach would work fine for a few Things, which are already connected. But how to dynamically bind a recently connected Thing to the Time Series Chart with the ability to display more of them at the same time?

I hope you understand my point.

Thanks

paic
1-Newbie
(To:mraninec)

With that in mind I pointed to the use of the Dynamic check with the services that retrieve the Data.

You can at most map in 16 data sources, so you can have 16 dynamic services and each of those is driven through some User choice.

It will be rather complicated to accomplish.

Top Tags