cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Bugs in .NET SDK regarding ValueStream

jaeeunc
1-Newbie

Bugs in .NET SDK regarding ValueStream

Hi,

There's the steamsensor sample in the ThingWorx DotNet SDK 5.5.

I built the sample code and run and made it connected to the ThingWorx Server.

And created SteamSensor1 Thing implementing RemoteThing and did the temperature/pressure properties binded.

And checked 'logged' for those properties and set Valuestream on the SteamSensor1 thing.

But the test result of  'QueryProperyHistory' service has the timestamp of '0001-01-01 09:00:00'.

(So always only one row is returned.)

(In case of running 'QueryNumberPropertyHistory' for 'temperature' , it returns rows with the timestamp '0001-01-01 09:00:00'. )

I tested ThingWorx DotNet SDK 5.5/ 5.0 both and the result were same.

And I found the SteamSensor Example of ThingWorx C SDK works well.

(When the SteamSensor of C SDK connected, the timestamp of Valuestream are fine.)

There must be some bugs in ThingWorx DotNet SDK.

Could someone check this for me?

Regards,

jaeeun

2 REPLIES 2
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jaeeunc)

The SteamSensor example does not generate timestamps as it just calls SetProperty() by default. In order to generate individual timestamps, you would have to use SetPropertyVTQ() instead.

Here is a KCS article which has more information on this (including some sample code to enable timestamps) - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS206137&lang=en_US

ibanham
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Note that there's a slight error in the example code in that TS article:

If you follow the example and use vtq.setTime(new DateTime()) that will set the timestamp to January 1, 0001 at 00:00:00.000. You need to use...

vtq.setTime(DateTime.Now); to get the current date and time set against the property update.

Top Tags