1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 7:47 AM by paic RSS
    hails.alex91@gmail.com Explorer

Re-rendering HTML after updating a property

Hello everyone!

I have a custom extension that I have written. In my this.renderHTML() function, i have a conditional that checks if 2 properties are equal: User & Sender. If the User & Sender are the same, the renderHTML function returns a different block of code than if the User & Sender are different.

My problem/question has to do with re-rendering the HTML based on input. Here is my current situation:

• I have created chat bubble widget that renders a blue background when the User & Sender are the same, and a gray background when they are different
    • The default values for the properties User & Sender are the same, so the initial rendering has a blue background
    • I use this as my base mashup for a repeater
    • I connect my repeater to a data table which has messages from various users
    • I want the chat bubble that is rendered to have a different background if the User & Sender are different
      • It appears that the initial HTML rendering persists as the messages are fed in
    • If someone knows how to re-render the HTML in this way, please let me know!!
    • Below is the code for my runtime.js file:

TW.Runtime.Widgets.combinedChat = function () {

var valueElem_timestamp;

var valueElem_message;

var valueElem_user;

var valueElem_sender;

this.renderHtml = function () {

var str1 = this.getProperty("User");

var str2 = this.getProperty("Sender");

var res = str1.localeCompare(str2);

var logic = res==0;

if(logic){

return "<div class=\"container_combo\" style=\"width: 600px; height: 100px;\">"+

"<div id=\"receiver\" class=\"widget-content widget-helloWorld bubble\">" +

"<span class=\"timestamp\">" + this.getProperty("Timestamp") + "</span>" +

"<div></div>"+

"<span class=\"message\">" + this.getProperty("Message") + "</span>" +

"</div>"+

"</div>";

}

else{

return "<div class=\"container_combo\" style=\"width: 600px; height: 100px;\">"+

"<div id=\"sender\" class=\"widget-content widget-helloWorld bubble_rec\">" +

"<span class=\"timestamp_rec\">" + this.getProperty("Timestamp") + "</span>" +

"<div></div>"+

"<span class=\"message_rec\">" + this.getProperty("Message") + "</span>" +

"</div>"+

"</div>";

}

};

this.afterRender = function () {

valueElem_timestamp = this.jqElement.find(".timestamp");

valueElem_timestamp.text(this.getProperty("Timestamp"));

valueElem_message = this.jqElement.find(".message");

valueElem_message.text(this.getProperty("Message"));

valueElem_user = this.jqElement.find(".user");

valueElem_user.text(this.getProperty("User"));

valueElem_sender = this.jqElement.find(".sender");

valueElem_sender.text(this.getProperty("Sender"));

};

this.updateProperty = function (updatePropertyInfo) {

if (updatePropertyInfo.TargetProperty === "Timestamp") {

valueElem_timestamp.text(updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

this.setProperty("Timestamp", updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

}

if (updatePropertyInfo.TargetProperty === "Message") {

valueElem_message.text(updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

this.setProperty("Message", updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

}

if (sender_val.localeCompare("Sender") == 0){

valueElem_sender.text(updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

this.setProperty("Sender", updatePropertyInfo.SinglePropertyValue);

}

};

};

• Re: Re-rendering HTML after updating a property
        paic Collaborator

I think I mentioned this before, but for what you are doing, I'm not sure why you are not using some of the built-in OOTB capabilities. Returning a value from a Service that does the evaluation, using a Validator Widget, using State Based formatting.

All the behavior (minus Chat) that you mention can be done OOTB, if you really need to apply it to one custom widget though, I recommend you look at how we do it with ours.